Chobe National Park two day overnight
Price: (coming soon)
Runs daily and year round
One of the finest wildlife park in the world
Minimum of two guests
What to bring
Video and still camera
Personal medication if needed
Level of fitness required
Included in price
Boat cruise on the Chobe river
Transport to Botswana
Pick up and drop off after the activity
Drinks and lunch
The Chobe National Park in Botswana
Big game viewing in the Chobe National Park
The Chobe National Park in Botswana is only a 1¾-hour drive from Livingstone. It is one of the greatest game reserves in southern Africa and famous for the number of elephant that live there. The Chobe River flows lazily through the Caprivi flood plains and provides a haven for huge herds of buffalo and elephant, zebra, wildebeest and impala which are followed closely by predators including lion, hyena, the elusive leopard and the odd pack of the now rare wild dog. The bird life in particular is exceptional.
Travelling to Chobe includes an exciting crossing by boat of the Zambezi River at the point where the 4 countries of Zambia, Zimbabwe, Botswana and Namibia meet. The Safari starts with a morning gameviewing cruise on the Chobe River with tea, coffee, drinks and snacks being served on board. Large flocks of birds, big pods of hippos and very large crocodiles are all around. After disembarking, lunch is then taken at the Chobe Marina Lodge which overlooks the Chobe River and the plains beyond. In the afternoon, open safari vehicles are used for a game drive into the park. Ad a very early morning game drive to all overnight trips on the morning of day two and three depending on your trip.
Chobe Day Trips begin from your accommodation in Livingstone at 06h45am with guests returning to their accommodation by about 18h30 on a full day trip or by 10am on overnight trips. The trip includes National Park fees, transfers, the services of qualified wildlife guides, drinks and snacks on the boat, bottled mineral water on the game drive and lunch including one soft drink or beer.
* Please note that there are visa implications for some nationalities. The price is the same for all ages although children under 12 are not encouraged to go on the Chobe Day Trip.
- Pick up 6h45am from your accommodation
- 75km transfer to Kazungula, the border town between Zambia and Botswana. Proceed with Zambian border exit formalities
- Crossing of the Zambezi river by speed boat from the Zambian bank to the Botswana side
- 4WD Game viewier vehicles waiting on the Botswana side, pick up and proceed with Botswana border entry formalities, 7km transfer to the Chobe National Park
- Afternoon Cruise on the Chobe river
- Game drive in the Chobe National Park
- Dinner and night camping in the Park listening to the sound of the bush
- Tea and coffee, early morning game drive
- Breakfast followed by your tranfer back to Livingstone, arrival back by about 10am